To celebrate the release of Filth, starring James McAvoy and in Scottish cinemas September 27th and UK cinemas October 4th, we’re offering two lucky winners the chance to attend either the Glasgow or Edinburgh premiere next week.
To be in with a chance of winning answer the following question along with your chosen location of Edinburgh or Glasgow, leaving your answer in the comments section below, along with your contact email address:
Filth is based on the book by which author?
A) Irvine Welsh
B) James Paterson
C) Ian McEwan
Scheming Bruce Robertson (James McAvoy), a bigoted and corrupt policeman, is in line for a promotion and will stop at nothing to get what he wants. Enlisted to solve a brutal murder and threatened by the aspirations of his colleagues, including Ray Lennox (Jamie Bell), Bruce sets about ensuring their ruin, right under the nose of unwitting Chief Inspector Toal.
As he turns his colleagues against one another by stealing their wives and exposing their secrets, Bruce starts to lose himself in a web of deceit that he can no longer control. His past is slowly catching up with him, and a missing wife, a crippling drug habit and suspicious colleagues start to take their toll on his sanity. The question is: can he keep his grip on reality long enough to disentangle himself from the filth?
James McAvoy (X-Men: First Class) gives the performance of his career and he is joined by a fantastic cast, including Jamie Bell (The Adventures of Tintin), Imogen Poots (Fright Night), Oscar winning actor, Jim Broadbent (The Iron Lady), Joanne Froggatt (‘Downton Abbey’), Shirley Henderson (Trainspotting), Eddie Marsan (The Illusionist), Emun Elliott (Prometheus), Martin Compston (Sweet Sixteen), Shauna Macdonald (The Descent) and Gary Lewis (Gangs of New York).
Based on the book written by Irvine Welsh and Directed by Jon S. Baird, Filth is produced by Ken Marshall and Jon S Baird
Terms and Conditions
- Competition will close on Friday 20th September at 12pm. Winners will be notified on the same day.
- Open to UK participants only
- Prize for the main winner in a pair of tickets to the Glasgow (24th September, Cineworld Renfrew Street, 6pm) or Edinburgh (23rd September, Vue Omni, 6pm) premiere
- Travel and accommodation is not included
- In the unlikely event the prize style has discontinued a similar model to the same value will be provided
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked at random and contacted by the site
- Winners name, contact number and address will be passed to a third party provider for delivery
- The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into